Active students are students that are currently attending lessons with us or have an outstanding amount due for payment on their account or a student that has opted in for communication with us. We will still be able to contact learners defined as Active students that fit this criteria. Regardless of completing the GDPR form above. Terms and conditions have been sent out to all students current and new with updates of our policies. Active students can opt out of any marketing communications at any time.
Students that do not have a balance owing on account and are not currently having lessons and have opted out of future communications. Any inactive students would have been asked to opt in again to any communication before the GDPR deadline. If confirmation is not received then inactive students details will be removed.
Guitar Academy - Terms and Conditions & Data Use Policy
This is a copy of the terms and conditions outlined in the above form
How your information is used
- Guitar Academy only stores the data you provide us.
- This information is kept securely on our database.
- Customer information is not held in a physical copy on site or held as a digital copy on any electronic device. Data is stored on a secure cloud service.
- We do not store any customer payment information.
- Payment information is handled securely by one of our third party vendors. Including: Paypal, Stripe and Sum Up. These payment providers are PCI Compliant and also handle your payment information securely.
- We will use your information to manage bookings and make contact with you regarding your purchases or bookings at Guitar Academy.
- We will occasionally send you offers and promotions relevant to the products and services you acquire at Guitar Academy.
- We do not share or distribute any of your personal information to any third party without your consent.
- We do not store any sensitive data about you. We only collect the following information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Email and Date of Birth.
- You agree that when signing up for lessons your information to be added to our marketing email list. You may occasionally receive emails from our marketing channels. You can unsubscribe from these at any time.
Access to your information and consent
- Your information is available for you to view by logging into your account on our student database. You can log in anytime via the website at https://guitaracademyuk.com or via https://guitaracademy.mymusicstaff.com/Student-Log-In
Via the portal you can add, amend or remove any part of your data. You can also remove your account completely unless there is an outstanding payment due on your account.
- We will use your information to make contact with you regarding your lessons. By submitting your contact details you agree to give us consent to use these methods to contact you.
- Mailing lists - We occasionally send out newsletters and promotions to our customers. You can unsubscribe from these emails using the link at the bottom of all marketing emails we send. This will however not opt you out of direct communication should we need to contact you about your lessons or lesson payments.
Inactive Customers - (Customers that are not currently purchasing lessons with us).
- You agree that you we will contact you in regards to marketing and promotions from Guitar Academy.
- We may use your details to contact you about special offers and promotions even if you are no longer a customer of ours. You can unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time but contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the link at the bottom of all our marketing communications.
- We regularly send a review email to inactive customers asking if they wish to stay on the list.
You have the right to close your account at any time providing there is not any outstanding balance owed to Guitar Academy for services provided and booked in accordance with terms and conditions of booking. Accounts can be closed by contacting us or logging on to remove your information via the website.
You agree that we will still use your information to contact you if there is an outstanding balance on your account. Your account will be closed once any outstanding amount is cleared. You agree that we may communicate your data with associated third parties to assist in the collection of outstanding amounts that have exceeded 30 days of non payment.
Terms and Conditions
We have merged our terms and conditions with this contact consent agreement.
- 48 hours notice is required to cancel or amend a lesson. If 48 hours notice is not received regardless of circumstance the full fee of the lesson will be due.
- If cancelling a lesson via email the timestamp of the email will be factored into calculating the notice given.
- If cancelling via the student portal you will be notified if you have not provided sufficient notice instantly.
- Guitar Academy may offer an alternative slot in the same week in replacement of being charged for a late notice cancellation. This is based on availability and at the discretion of Guitar Academy staff.
- Should a tutor need to cancel a lesson as much notice as possible will be provided. The lesson will then be rescheduled.
- This policy will not be enforced should acts of God such as extreme weather affects the centres operation or ability for learners to visit. This is assessed at the time of event and learners should refer to website and Guitar Academy social media for updates.
By using our services you agree to us storing and using your contact details to communicate with you regarding lessons, lesson bookings and payments including any promotional or special offers via SMS, e-mail, phone or post.
If you become an inactive customer with no outstanding balance or money owed to us you agree we may contact you via e-mail regarding any promotions Guitar Academy is offering. Which you have the option to opt out at any time.
You only become an inactive customer by informing us directly to close you account and clearing any remaining balance.