Welcome to the first Guitar Academy Melody / Lick / Solo Contest, 2024. Exclusively for Guitar Academy Petersfield Customers.
We want you to show off your creative skill by creating a great Melody / Lick or Solo over the provided backing track. Submit your entries for a chance to win a great prize!
Enter for your chance to win some awesome prizes!
The Challenge and Rules
Download the backing track. (See below)
Record a video of yourself playing an awesome Lick/Solo/Riff to that backing track. Upload and share with us for a chance to win!
Closing date 11/3/2024
To submit, upload your video online, tag Guitar Academy using one of the below links:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/guitaracademyuk
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/guitaracademyuk
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@guitaracademyuk
Send us a link to the video, with your age via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will showcase everyones video on our social media channels and pick one winner from each age group to win a prize. (By submitting your video you consent to giving us permission to share the video on our website and public channels)
You can work on your entry with your tutor! if you like!
Exclusive to Guitar Academy Petersfield customers only.
Only one winner from each age group will be selected.
One winner from each age group will be picked, Under 11s, 12 to 16 and 17+
The winner of each age category will be able to choose one of the following prizes
- Harley Benton Electric Guitar (Colour may vary)
- iRig USB audio interface and effects unit. Loads of effects and you can record yourself on your smart phone, tablet or pc/mac
Terms and Conditions
- Competition available only to current Guitar Academy students.
- One one winner will be selected from each age group.
- Prizes are subject to change based on availability. E.g colour or model may vary depending on availability at the time.
- No cash prize alternative.
- One entry per person.
- By entering the competition you agree that Guitar Academy can use the supplied video for social media purposes and marketing purposes. You acknowledge that some critique will be provided on the clip.
- Any entry passed the deadline will not be included.
Additional Guidance / Tips and Advice
Nathan has given an example in this video of the kind of thing we are looking for. It does not need to be like this exactly, this is just an example. It can be simpler and melodic or crazy and extreme! your choice.
For soloing over the backing track you can use either C# Minor Pentatonic or E Major. E Major being the actual key and where it wants to resolve. So! try out C# Minor but highlight the E notes.